Thursday, May 30, 2024

Give us the Desire

 Scripture:

“May he give us the desire to do his will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that he gave our ancestors.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭8‬:‭58‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon had built an incredible temple for the Lord and was dedicating it at this time. He prayed a beautiful prayer at the dedication. In that prayer, he prayed the above verse. He asked God to give them the desire to do His will in everything and to obey. He was the wisest man ever to live according to the Word of God. He knew that desire was necessary for obedience rather than simply will-power. 

Application:

I want God to keep the desire and passion alive in my life so that serving Him is never a discipline, but a desire. I don’t want to serve God out of religious duty, but because He is worthy and I have an intimate walk with Him. I want God to give me the desire to serve Him well all the days of my life and to fulfill everything He wants me to do. I don’t want to live out of discipline, but desire.

Prayer:

Father, let my walk with You never grow cold. Let my desire for You and Your presence increase throughout my life. Let my desire for You increase. Help me to live a life of passionate purpose and not religious ritual. You are worthy of my very best. Grant me a walk of desire.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment