Monday, April 29, 2024

Seeking God’s Direction

 Scripture:

”The Israelites went up seeking direction from the Lord. (In those days the Ark of the Covenant of God was in Bethel, and Phinehas son of Eleazar and grandson of Aaron was the priest.) The Israelites asked the Lord, “Should we fight against our relatives from Benjamin again, or should we stop?” The Lord said, “Go! Tomorrow I will hand them over to you.” ‭‭Judges‬ ‭20‬:‭27‬-‭28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Terrible things were happening in Israel and God’s people were divided because the people of things happening. The tribe of Benjamin was starting to war against Israel and with the Gibeonites. The Israelites knew they needed instruction from the Lord and that they had turned away from Him. They came to the Lord seeking His direction and God spoke to them telling them exactly what to do.

Application:

When we are going through things that don’t make sense to us or that don’t feel right, we must go the Lord for direction. We need to make sure we are doing what He wants and not simply taking things into our own hands. His direction always leads to victory. Our direction leads to death and destruction. Running to God in difficult times and when going through difficult circumstances means our trust is in Him and that we are relying on Him to show us what to do. This is our position of greatest strength.

Prayer:

Father, when things get difficult, help me to seek Your guidance and not just do what I  feel like I want to so. Teach me to trust you above my own self. Let me always be a seeker of God and of truth as well as someone who does what the Spirit leads me to do. I want to serve Your purposes well in my generation. Lead me, guide me, show me what to do in all situations.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment