Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Oneness with the Father

 Scripture:

”As Jesus said “I Am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground!“ ‭‭John‬ ‭18‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jesus was about to be arrested and turned over to be beaten and crucified, He revealed His glory just a little bit. He simply said, “I Am he,” and the whole contingent of soldiers fell to the ground, overwhelmed by His glory. At this point, they understood who they were messing with. They all understood He wasn’t just another prisoner, but one who could call for 12 legions of angels to come and rescue Him. 

Application:

Jesus had just been speaking to His disciples about being one with the Father. When Jesus said, “I AM,” He was speaking truth. He was one with the Father, enough so that He could use the Father’s name. In this same passage, Jesus gives us the right to use His name. We must learn to walk in His power and reveal His glory. I look for the day when lost people are slain in the Spirit when they come against the Church. I look for the day when the glory of God fills the earth like water covers the sea.

Prayer:

Father, let me live fully yielded to You. I want oneness with my Father. I long to speak what You are speaking and to do what You are doing. When people see me, I want them to see You. Work in my life. Separate me, sanctify me, and let me reveal Your glory and awesome power to the world. 

Yours Forever, 

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment