Monday, April 8, 2024

When God Fights Your Battles

 Scripture:

”As the Amorites retreated down the road from Beth-horon, the Lord destroyed them with a terrible hailstorm from heaven that continued until they reached Azekah. The hail killed more of the enemy than the Israelites killed with the sword.“ ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭10‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Joshua and the people of Israel were taking possession of the land the Lord gave them, they were not fighting on their own. They had God join them in the fight. On this occasion, the Lord fought their enemies with them and destroyed more with a hailstorm than the army destroyed with their weapons. This is when you know God is fighting your battles. 

Application:

If God is for us… Who can be against us? When God fights your battles, you will be victorious! He may not operate like we would, but His will shall prevail. When we fight our battles, our energy and resources are limited. When God fights our battles, we can rest in Him and work with Him and not for Him. My desire is to work WITH God on accomplishing His mission, not to just work FOR God. I don’t mind doing my part, but I need God to do His part.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in You wisdom and guidance. Show me how to take every step and to live in Your blessing. As I get older, let me walk closer with You and receive strength from You. Teach me to be effective in my latter years of life. Show me how to let You fight my battles. Help me to trust You more and finish what You desire to accomplish in and through my life. I am Yours and want to live for your purposes.

Your Son,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment