Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Increase my Faith

 Scripture:

”So give me the hill country that the Lord promised me. You will remember that as scouts we found the descendants of Anak living there in great, walled towns. But if the Lord is with me, I will drive them out of the land, just as the Lord said.” Joshua‬ ‭14‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Caleb was now 85 years old and the verse before says he was still able to travel and fight as good as when he was in his prime. He asked Joshua to give him what the Lord had promised him forty-five years prior. He acknowledged that the giants were will living there, but also said, “If the Lord is with me, I will drive them out of the land.” He knew that if God was on his side, nothing was impossible. 

Application:

We should never fear whatever is in front of us because we serve the God who can defeat any enemy and change any situation. Fear and faith cannot coexist. I want to live my life like a Caleb, with complete faith and trust that, no matter how old I am or what condition I’m in, God will see me through. I want to live in faith like that. I want to know in my heart what the Apostle Paul said, “If God is for you… who can be against you?” I want my faith and obedience to increase at this stage of my life.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of it all. You are my everything. You have walked with me all the days of my life. Help me to represent You well and to live in faith and never in fear. Let me remain strong to the very end of my life. Empower me to live the Jesus-filled life until You call me home. Let no obstacle be too big or difficulty too strong and let my faith rise up to believe You will do what You say You will do.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment