Thursday, April 18, 2024

Seek Him

 Scripture:

”“His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him—though he is not far from any one of us.“ ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭17‬:‭27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage Paul is preaching in Athens, Greece. The Gospel had been preached in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and now it was being preached to the ends of the earth. God speaks through Paul here and says that His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and find Him, though He is not far from any of us. In other words, He is close, but we still need to seek Him.

Application:

God is everywhere all the time. He is omnipresent, yet He desires us to seek Him out. He longs for a people who will seek His face and want to know Him. It is like when you lose something in a room. You know it is right there close to you, yet you have to seek it. God is closer than we think, but we must pursue Him. He is with us all the time, but we must be aware of His presence. We must fulfill His desire, that we be a people who will seek Him out.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a seeker of You. I want to spend my life seeking You and knowing more and more of You and Your goodness. Teach me Your ways and show me Your paths. Walk with me and let me hear Your voice. Show me how to respond in each and every situation. I want to live a life of holy pursuit.

Seeking You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment