Sunday, April 7, 2024

Always Consult the Lord

 Scripture:

"So the Israelites examined their food, but they did not consult the Lord." (Joshua 9:14 NLT)

Observation:

The Gibeonites heard about how God was defeating all of Israel's enemies and those who lived in the Promised Land. They came to Joshua and acted like they were from a faraway place and wanted a peace treaty with Israel. They showed Joshua old bread and old wine containers to prove how far they had come. Joshua inspected everything but didn't consult the Lord. Israel ended up not being able to fully obey the Lord because they were lied to and thee leadership didn't consult the Lord.

Application:

No matter how good a proposal looks, we must always consult the Lord when options are given to us. He will lead and guide us into all truth, but He must be consulted with. As a leader, I need to make sure the decisions I make are from the Lord and not just something that seems good to me. I don't want to lead out of my own will but out of the will of God. I want to lead well and fulfill every detail the Lord has for me. Therefore, I must consult Him about everything. 

Prayer:

Father, reveal Your will to me clearly as you did with Joshua and Moses before him. Teach me to hear Your voice and obey Your requirements. Remind me to never make decisions without seeking Your face and knowing what You want me to do. I don't want to lean on my own flesh and wisdom, but on Your supernatural wisdom. Lead me Holy Spirit and I will do my best to follow.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment