Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Knowing and Doing

 Scripture:

”Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them.“ ‭‭John‬ ‭13‬:‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Jesus was preparing to depart from this earth and be sacrificed on the cross, He said many powerful things to His disciples. He told them many things, then said, “Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them.” This statement stood out to me this morning  because i know many things, but God doesn’t bless us for knowing, He blesses us for doing.

Application:

It is not what we know or hear about Christ that God blesses. It is what we do with what we know. The application of knowledge is the priority for Jesus. He wants us to do the things we know we should be doing. His blessing always falls on obedience. Obedience to God puts us in the place of His blessing and I want to live a blessed life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a life that is blessed by You. Help me to obey the things You have already said through Your Word. Also, speak Your Rhema Word to me and let me walk in obedience to You above all else in my life. Let me live a life of obedience to You in the big things and in the small things. Let me hear Your voice and act accordingly. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment