Saturday, April 6, 2024

When the Manna Stops

 Scripture:

”No manna appeared on the day they first ate from the crops of the land, and it was never seen again. So from that time on the Israelites ate from the crops of Canaan.“ ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭5‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God had provided manna every day for His people for forty years as they journeyed through the wilderness. He continued this until the first day they ate crops from the Promised Land, then suddenly the manna stopped. They were now able to work the land and harvest food for themselves. God will work miracles in our lives for a season, but then expects us to take care of ourselves and use wisdom. 

Application:

As a NT believer, I can glean from this that God will provide for us supernaturally when there is no other provision. The Psalmist said he had never seen the righteous forsaken or God’s seed begging for bread. When we are in trouble and have no way to provide for ourselves, we can trust our God to take care of us supernaturally. When we have the ability to take care of ourselves, He expects us to take care of ourselves. We are to do what we can through and work to provide for ourselves, but when we can’t, we have a God who can and will take care of us.

Prayer:

Father, You have provided for all my needs throughout my lifetime. You are faithful and trustworthy. Thank You for loving me and caring for me. Thank You for providing for me when I needed it. Help me to be a hard worker, yet one who trusts in God. Teach me the difference between trusting God and being self-made or self-content. Thank You for never letting me fail.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment