Monday, April 1, 2024

Human Praise or God’s Praise?

 Scripture:

”Many people did believe in him, however, including some of the Jewish leaders. But they wouldn’t admit it for fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue. For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.“ ‭‭John‬ ‭12‬:‭42‬-‭43‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John records here that many Jewish leaders believed in Jesus, but wouldn’t admit it for fear of being kicked out of the synagogue. It goes on the say, “They loved human praise more than the praise of God.” This saying is so powerful because it is a battle everyone faces to some level.

Application:

Do I fear humans more than God? That’s a question we must ask periodically. Do we love the praise of people so much that we don’t follow Jesus completely? Our goal needs to be obedience to Christ, no matter what the cost, but walking that out when we have people we love right in front of us 24/7. I like being liked, but I must choose following what God wants me to do over what will make people happy.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a life of complete and total surrender to You and Your will. I want to say YES to whatever You ask me to do. Help me with the desire to be liked by people and strengthen me to desire Your will above making others happy. Let my trust and faith be completely in You and You alone. You are the shepherd and I want to know my shepherd’s voice and follow Him completely. Let my love for You be much greater than my desire to please people.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment