Saturday, March 30, 2024

His Will Above All

 Scripture:

”So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.“ ‭‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

Jesus lived in complete obedience to His Father. He says in this context that He could to nothing by Himself, but that He only does what He sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son does. Jesus didn’t just do whatever He wanted. He did what the Father told Him to do and said what the Father wanted to be said.

Application:

I want to live in the place of complete surrender to the Father. I long to know what He is doing and what He is saying. I want to live like Jesus lived. Rather than doing my own will and asking God to bless it, I want to do His will and then I know it is blessed already. I don’t want to waste my life doing my will. I want to fulfill the will of my Father.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears that I may hear Your voice clearly. Open my eyes to see what You are doing. Show me step by step how to walk in complete obedience to You at all times. Let my life reflect Your will above all else. Teach me to follow Your ways and let me accomplish all that You have planned for my life. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment