Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Obedience Brings Multiplication

 Scripture:

”For I command you this day to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage Moses is giving his final speech to the people of Israel. He is ready to turn the reigns over to Joshua and depart the scene. He tells them that they need to love God and keep His commands and walk in His ways. He tells them that if they do this, they will live and multiply, and see the blessing of God in the land they were going into.

Application:

I see here that a life of obedience brings multiplication. This year our theme at the church is multiplication. Here it tells us that obedience to God’s ways, decrees, and commands, brings multiplication. We can’t just do our own thing and live how we want to live and expect God to multiply our effectiveness. He wants us to walk in obedience above all else, then He decides to bless us, prosper us, and multiply us.

Prayer:

father, let my life bring honor to Your name. Empower me to live in a way that pleases You. Teach me to follow You well and to walk in obedience at all times. Holy Spirit open my ears and speak to me. Then give me to power and strength to do whatever You speak. I want to serve You well in my generation, then hear well done good and faithful servant when I see You face to face.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment