Monday, March 11, 2024

Giving God Our Best

 Scripture:

”Be sure to give to the Lord the best portions of the gifts given to you.“ ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭18‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This passage is speaking to the Levites concerning the tithe. The people brought their tithes to the Levites, who lived off of the tithes of the people. This passage reminds them that they, as well, must bring the best portion of the best gifts they had received as their tithe to the Lord. Their tithe ended up being the best 10% of the best 10% of the people. God wanted them to give their very best to Him as their act of worship.

Application:

When we give to God, we should always give Him our very best, whether that is in worship, work, attitude, praise, resources, etc. God is worthy of the best offerings we can bring Him. He shouldn’t get our leftovers, but the best part of our lives. Like David, we don’t want to offer to the Lord that which costs us nothing.

Prayer:

Father, I want to give You my very best. I want to honor You in every way possible. Let my life be a life that brings You sacrificial praise and worship. Let me never be skimpy on my offerings, but let me give in response to all You have given me. You gave me Your best when You sent Your Son. Enable me to give the best of my life to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment