Thursday, March 28, 2024

Life Giving Word

 Scripture:

”These instructions are not empty words—they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life in the land you will occupy when you cross the Jordan River.”“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭32‬:‭47‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Moses was about to die and he was giving his last speech to the people of Israel, he told them that God’s instructions, laws, decrees, etc. were not empty words, but “they are your life!” He finishes by saying that by obeying them, the people would enjoy a long life. I was grabbed by the phrase, they are your life, this morning. God’s word is not just a good idea. It is life! It sustains us and gives us strength.

Application:

God’s laws a commands are not burdensome, they are life! We have to stop looking at God’s ways as limitations and restrictions and see it as LIFE. God’s word is powerful and His ways are perfect. The more we align ourselves with Him and His word, the more we will enjoy a great life. As I get older, I want to finish strong and do everything God wants me to do. I want to live life to the fullest and experience the goodness of God. Therefore, I must be a student of His Word and a follower of His commands.

Prayer:

Father, I want my life to please You. I want to live a life you can bless. I want my life to be fruitful and to multiply what You have put in my hands. Show me how to live my life day by day and step by step. Align me with Your word and convict me when I get off track. Guide me with Your word and teach me to walk as You have prescribed for your people.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment