Saturday, March 2, 2024

Take the Lowest Place

 Scripture:

”“Instead, take the lowest place at the foot of the table. Then when your host sees you, he will come and say, ‘Friend, we have a better place for you!’ Then you will be honored in front of all the other guests.“ ‭‭Luke‬ ‭14‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus gives an illustration here to make the point that we should not seek the highest place at the table, but the lowest place. He said it was better to put yourself in the lowest place, then the owner of the house will come and put you in a better place. If you put yourself in the highest place, someone higher might come and you will be asked to step down. Better to humble ourselves and be exalted than to exalt ourselves and be humbled.

Application:

Paul tells us that we shouldn’t think more of ourselves than we really are. Jesus tells us to humble ourselves and allow Him and others to lift us up. Our place is to serve people as Jesus did. He placed the needs of others ahead of His own needs. It is much better to walk in humility and let God lift you up than to lift yourself up and have God lower you. Humility always wins in the Bible.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to walk in humility. Help me to love others well and to humble myself and be more like You. You are faithful and good. Help me to exemplify You in everything I do. Let my life represent You well. Forgive me for my pride and help me to remain humble. Lead me by Your Spirit into all truth and help me to serve You well. Let this year be a year of multiplication and blessing for my life, my family, the church I pastor, the region we live in, and the nations of the world.  Help me to lead well.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment