Monday, March 18, 2024

Seek the Lord

 Scripture:

”But from there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Moses was preparing to die, he reaffirmed God’s covenant with His people. He told them if they obeyed, they would be blessed but if they disobeyed, they would be defeated by their enemies. Here the Lord told them how to come back to Him if they messed up on following the covenant. He said, “search again for the Lord you God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.” This is repeated many times in the OT and it always blesses my heart.

Application:

God has said over and over in His Word that we would find Him when we seek for Him with all our heart and soul. He promised that if we would seek Him, we would find Him. He left the responsibility on us to turn to Him and seek Him out. He wants His people to seek Him and pursue Him. He doesn’t usually come to us until we start moving toward Him. Once we start to seek Him, He allows Himself to be found by us. 

Prayer:

Father, it has always been my desire to live a life of holy pursuit. I want to live a life of seeking You. Thank You for often letting me find You. Your presence is life to me. Your presence in my life is my everything. As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after You. I want to know You more intimately. I want to hear Your voice. I long for more of You. You are my heart’s desire.

Yours Forever,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment