Friday, March 29, 2024

Living Like the Wind

 Scripture:

”The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.” John‬ ‭3‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

Jesus uses this illustration to share what it is like to be born again. He says that wind blows wherever it wants and you can hear it but you can’t tell where it comes from or where it goes. In other words, it is hard to understand how people are born again. You can see the effects, but a heart change can’t be observed with the physical senses, it is a spiritual thing. You see the results in the lives of those who follow Him.

Application:

People who are led by the Spirit are sometimes hard to explain. They do things that may not make sense to others. I want to be truly led by the Spirit and not by my own ambitions or desires. I want a heart that flows with God and does His will at all times. I want my life to be like the wind, being blown by the Spirit wherever He wants me to go.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are great and awesome. Teach me to be Spirit led and Spirit empowered more and more each day. I want You to work through my life without measure, I don’t want to put any limits on what You do in me and through me. I am Yours, Lord. Fill me with Your precious Holy Spirit more and deeper. Take control of my life and future.

Yours,

Jeff‬

No comments:

Post a Comment