Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Be Careful

 Scripture:

“But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭8‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Just prior to entering into the Promised Land after 40 years in the wilderness, God told His people to be careful. He was about to bless them and give them land that wasn’t theirs. He was going to empower them to kick out the inhabitants of the land they were going to see the goodness of God. He also told them to be careful not to forget the Lord or disobey His commands when they were blessed.

Application:

Sometimes success is our greatest enemy. When God brings us success in the world’s eyes, we have to be careful not to forget that it is all about the Lord and everything good is His doing and not our own. Sometimes when we are successful in people’s eyes, we tend to think we have accomplished things but as believers, God gets all the praise and honor for any good things in our lives. When He blesses us, we must shift the glory all back to Him.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to never become prideful, but to realize when You bless me. Help me to know where my success comes from. And to walk in humility before You and others. You reject the proud and give grace to the humble. Teach me to walk in obedience and humility. I will be careful to give You all the praise and glory for whatever good things happen in and through my life. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment