Thursday, March 21, 2024

Strength Through Obedience

 Scripture:

“Therefore, be careful to obey every command I am giving you today, so you may have strength to go in and take over the land you are about to enter.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭11‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to His people just prior to them entering the Promised Land that flows with milk and honey. There are enemies in the land and they are going to need lots of strength to defeat them. Rather than telling them to work out and prepare themselves for battle, He tells them to be careful to obey every command He gave them that day. Obedience to God gives you the strength to fulfill His plans for your life.

Application:

Whatever we are facing, strength comes through obedience to the Lord. When we obey Him completely, He is glorified and His blessings begin to flow. He doesn’t bless what we want to do. He blesses obedience to Him and His word. When we do things God’s way, we get God’s results. Rather than focusing on strength, we need to focus on obedience because obedience will give us the strength we need for whatever we may face.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are faithful and true. You are powerful and glorious. You are mighty and majestic. Empower me to walk in obedience to You at all times. Let me hear Your voice clearly and help me to obey whatever I hear. I want to know You more. Help me to focus on the right things and know You will give me what I need to do Your will.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment