Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Our Choice

 Scripture:

”If you do not serve the Lord your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, you will serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you. You will be left hungry, thirsty, naked, and lacking in everything. The Lord will put an iron yoke on your neck, oppressing you harshly until he has destroyed you.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭28‬:‭47‬-‭48‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Deuteronomy 28 is a listing of the blessings of obeying God and curses when Israel would not obey God. When following God completely, He promises incredible blessings. This particular verse is in the midst of the curses, but is powerful. It says that you will either serve the Lord with joy and enthusiasm, or you will serve your enemies. A simple, yet powerful, way to make that statement, but so true.

Application:

Jesus said you can’t serve God and money. Here it says you can serve God enthusiastically or you will serve your enemies. God wants to be first place in our lives. He doesn’t want to be second to anything or anyone. We must serve the Lord with joy and enthusiasm, and not just with our lips. He wants our full heart.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You with joy and enthusiasm. I don’t want to be half-hearted in my walk with You. Teach me to hear Your voice and to know Your ways. Bless my family. Let those around me know You more and more. Work in my life to produce what You desire. I am Yours. Fill me. Use me for Your kingdom. I love You with all my heart.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment