Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Heart of God

 Scripture:

”Oh, that they would always have hearts like this, that they might fear me and obey all my commands! If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever.“ ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage one can hear the heart of God and the reason for all His commands and decrees. He was entering a Covenant with Israel and wanted to bless them, but He could only bless them according to their obedience to the Covenant. He cries out here, “Oh, that they would always have hearts like this… and obey my commands… If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever.”

Application:

God wants to bless His children more than His children want to be blessed. His heart cries out in this passage for people to follow His ways so He could bless them. Still today, God looks for those who will completely obey Him. He wants to bless us, but we must walk in obedience to His voice, His word, and His ways. When we do things God’s ways, His blessing follows. His hearts cry is for us to obey, not to ruin our lives, but so He can bless us with His incredible blessings.

Prayer:

Father, align my life so I can walk in Your complete and total blessing. I long to serve You well in my generation. Thank You for all You have blessed me with to this point, but I long to walk in complete obedience. Open doors before me and let Your kingdom come in my life. Let Your will be done above my own. I want to live surrendered to You at all times. Show me the way forward and let me walk in Your blessing.

Yours Forever,

JEff

No comments:

Post a Comment