Monday, April 15, 2024

But Lord

 Scripture:

”“But Lord,” exclaimed Ananias, “I’ve heard many people talk about the terrible things this man has done to the believers in Jerusalem!“ ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭9‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God had told Ananias to go and pray for Saul. Ananias knew who Paul was and how he was persecuting Christians. His reply to God was “But Lord.” He had good reason, not to do what the Lord told him to do. He could have used the wisdom excuse, saying it was not wise to be going to pray for a man who was killing Christians. Nevertheless, Ananias did what the Lord told him to do, after a little convincing.

Application:

I know I have used the “but Lord” statement in my life on many occasions. As I enter the latter stages of life, I don’t want to miss out of what God is telling me to do, even if it doesn’t make sense or is dangerous. I want to be fully obedient and someone God can trust to do what He needs done in the earth. I want to walk in great wisdom, but I also want to walk in complete obedience. When they clash, I want to err on the side of obedience to God.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for loving me and working in my life. You are amazing! Thank You for lifting me up and setting me down in my motorcycle accident the other day. I still can’t comprehend how I ended up on my feet without a scratch. Your angels did something amazing to me. Help me to walk in obedience, when it makes sense and when it doesn’t.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Yes you were covered over with the angels over your body. Praise the Lord that our church & other Christian continued to pray for Israel and no of the rockets would get to them. Let’s continue to pray for our nation to be also on Israel side

    ReplyDelete