Saturday, April 20, 2024

God’s Got a Plan

 Scripture:

”That night the Lord appeared to Paul and said, “Be encouraged, Paul. Just as you have been a witness to me here in Jerusalem, you must preach the Good News in Rome as well.”“ ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭23‬:‭11‬ NLT‬

Observation:

Paul was in the midst of defending himself before the Pharisees and Sadducees. They were treating him terribly and trying to find some way to prosecute him. It was very much like the Pharisees and Sadducees treated Jesus, looking for a way to trap Him. During that time, the Lord appeared to Paul and told him that just like he had been a witness in Jerusalem, he would also preach the Gospel in Rome.  God confirmed that things were not going to be easy, but that He had a plan for Paul’s life.

Application:

Sometimes God’s plans and our plans don’t seem to be aligning. I’m sure Paul had different plans for his life than being interrogated harshly by his own people, then sitting in prison for quite a while before being shipped to Rome for more imprisonment. God was working a way to get Paul to preach in Rome, as well as Jerusalem. The Gospel needed to be spread and God used the means He needed to in order to get Paul in the right place to be heard. Sometimes when we are going through some things we must realize that God has a plan that we may not understand right now, but if we remain yielded to Him, it will come to pass and His will shall prevail.

Prayer:

Father, I like the easy road that seems paved with success and blessing.‬ Your plans for my life may be difference than mine. When I don’t understand, speak to me. When I don’t see why I have to go through some things, speak to me. Speak to me like You spoke to Paul to confirm Your will for his life. Appear to me and show me what is to come. I yield my life to You. Keep me on track and encounter me as needed so I can understand what is going on around me. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment