Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Hope and Trust

 Scripture:

“We must hold tightly to the hope we say is ours. After all, we can trust the one who made the agreement with us.”  ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10‬:‭23‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews tells us here that we have to hold tightly to the hope we say we have because we can trust the one who made the agreement with us. We have hope in Christ, not because of who we are, but because of who He is.

Application:

Our part of this is to hold tightly onto our hope. God’s part is to do what He promised He would do. We have an agreement sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ. He made the covenant, agreement, and He will be faithful to it. Our job is to hang on to hope, while He works the process. Our second job is to trust the one who made the agreement. Hope and trust work hand in hand. If I trust someone, I can put some hope in the future because I know they will do what they say. Our hope is not in flesh and blood, but in the righteous blood of Jesus Christ.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of everything in my life. You laid down Your Son for me. You allowed Your Son to be pierced and shed His blood so I could have a better agreement or covenant. Thank You for loving me. Help me to trust You more every day. Help me to hold tightly onto my hope in Christ and His work. Help me to never fear or lack trust that You will do what You say You will do. Teach me to be a man of faith.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment