Tuesday, November 8, 2022

God Desires to Bless, but We Must Obey

 Scripture:

“When I bring you home from the places where you are now scattered, I will be pleased with you, just as I am pleased with the smell of the smoke from your sacrifices. Every nation on earth will see that I am holy,” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭20‬:‭41‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God does this through his prophets in the Old Testament. He will declare the terrible punishment that is coming and how displeased He is with His people. He will tell them they are going to be conquered, but then He always turns it around and says, “I will be pleased with you…Every nation on earth will see that I am holy.” His heart is always to bless, but He needs His people to walk in obedience so He can bless them.

Application:

God’s desire is to bless His children, but He needs them to walk in obedience so He can do that. When we walk in obedience, He blesses our lives. When we walk in disobedience, there will always be struggles. God desires to show the nations His blessings, but He needs us to walk in obedience to His word. Like a true father, He doesn’t enjoy disciplining His children, but will do it so we will grow and turn to Him with all our hearts later.

Prayer:

Father, help me to respond to You every time You speak to me. I want to know Your word and Your heart better and better as I age. I long to know You more and more. Teach me to walk with You in the secret place. Help me to live a life that pleases You in every way. I want to walk in Your blessings, not your discipline. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment