Friday, November 18, 2022

The Blessings of Obedience

 Scripture:

“Only priests who are descendants of Zadok will receive a share of this sacred land, because they remained faithful to me when the Levites and the rest of the Israelites started sinning.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭48‬:‭11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is showing His people which parcels of land each tribe would get as they came back into Israel. This one verse speaks of the descendants of Zadok receiving a share of sacred land “because they remained faithful to me when the Levites and the rest of the Israelites started sinning.” They were blessed above all else because they didn’t start sinning when everyone else did. They remained faithful to the Lord and the Lord blessed them for it. 

Application:

I want obedience to God to he the hallmark of my life. I want to please the Lord by doing what He tells me to do. I want to walk in His blessing because I chose to obey when others were falling away. I thoroughly believe that obedience brings blessing and I want to demonstrate it with my life. I desire to live a life that God can trust and God can bless.

Prayer:

Father, help me to serve You well in my generation. Help me to live like Zadok and his descendants. Empower me to live a life that bring You honor and that obeys You at all levels. Teach me to walk with You and to spread Your goodness around the world. Show me everyday how to live and empower me to follow You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment