Friday, November 4, 2022

Treat Others Well

 Scripture:

“Even your king and his officials will lose hope and cry in despair. Your hands will tremble with fear. I will punish you for your sins and treat you the same way you have treated others. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭7‬:‭27‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The past several chapters have been God speaking to Israel and Judah about the terrible destruction He has planned for them because of their disobedience to Him and His Word. In this passage, the Lord says that He will punish them for their sins and treat them the same way they have treated others. He say, “then you will know that I am the Lord.”

Application:

One of God’s ways of punishment is that He allows to happen to us what we have done to others. We say things like, “What comes around goes around”, or, “you reap what you sow.” Even in the New Testament, Jesus says things like “as you forgive others, I will forgive you.” How we treat others is really important to God and He will treat us like we treat those around us. When we treat others well, God will treat us well.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of all honor, praise, dominion, power, might and strength. Take my life and use it for Your glory. Help me to love people well. Enable me to treat others as I want to be treated by You. Help me to love like You love. You are love and I want Your love to flow through me. Teach me to live a life that pleases You and brings honor to Your name.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment