Saturday, November 12, 2022

The Purpose of Punishment

 Scripture:

“When I'm through punishing Egypt, you will know that I am the Lord.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭30‬:‭19‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The more I read the Old Testament, the more I realize that, no matter what God does, blessing or cursing a nation or a people, it is always so that, “you will know that I am the Lord.” God wants to be honored as king of all kings. He wants to be acknowledged as the king of the universe and the most powerful God. He desires a people who will worship Him.

Application:

I am seeing more and more that God desires a people who will fear Him, obey Him, and worship Him. When that happens, He will bless them incredibly so that those around them can see that He is the Lord. When we make our lives about Him, we will walk in His blessing and favor. When we fear Him, obey Him, and worship Him, we don’t have to fear others or fear the future. We can live the abundant life.

Prayer:

Father, You are awesome, holy, righteous, and mighty. You are majestic and powerful! You are my everything and I want my life to honor You, worship You, and fear You. Help me to live in such a way that love for God and fear of God work together to make my life sold out to You. I want to be completely Yours. Take my life as an offering and let it be used for Your glory.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment