Thursday, November 3, 2022

Obedience to the Calling

 Scripture:

“Those rebels may not even listen, but at least they will know that a prophet has come to them.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭2‬:‭5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel’s calling from the Lord was not very positive. He was called to speak to a country that was in rebellion and God was telling him that they probably wouldn’t listen to them, but at least they will know God sent a prophet to them. From the beginning he realized he wouldn’t have a big following.

Application:

God doesn’t always call us to “great” things in the world’s eyes. Sometimes our calling is to obey God, when He doesn’t have an agenda that we would be proud of. Sometimes God will call you to do little things instead of big things. We always equate obedience with big thing. Sometime obedience is doing the little things that God needs us to do. Maybe our obedience is better seen when He asks us to do things that will make us unpopular instead of popular.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in obedience when that feels good and when it doesn’t. Teach me to be faithful when its a big event and when it is one person. Help me to be faithful whether I am seeing the results I would like to see or not. I want to keep my eyes on obedience, without worrying about effectiveness as much.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment