Thursday, November 10, 2022

When Obedience Hurts

 Scripture:

““Ezekiel, son of man, I will suddenly take the life of the person you love most. But I don't want you to complain or cry. Mourn in silence and don't show that you are grieving. Don't remove your turban or take off your sandals; don't cover your face to show your sorrow, or eat the food that mourners eat.”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭24‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God asked some extremely difficult things of Ezekiel. His sermon illustration were real life illustrations, using his own life. In this instance, God killed Ezekiel’s wife and told him not to cry or mourn because it was an illustration of what was coming and how Israel was to handle the loss. God asked Ezekiel an incredibly hard thing, and then told him not to mourn about it., but to use it as a message to Israel.

Application:

Sometimes in life, God will ask difficult things of us. Sometimes He will ask us to do things that make no sense to us, are dangerous, or very difficult. The bottom line is, sometimes obedience hurts. Sometimes we have to go through some things that are not easy. We can’t run from God during those seasons, but run to Him because on the other end of obedience is always blessing. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to always say yes to You. Help me to walk in obedience, even when obedience hurts and makes no sense. Teach me to suffer with Christ as well as reign with Him. Teach me like Paul to be content in all things because my contentment is not found in my surroundings but in Christ. You are my all in all.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment