Monday, November 7, 2022

No Idols

 Scripture:

“Now, Ezekiel, tell everyone in Israel: I am the Lord God. Stop worshiping those idols I hate so much and come back to me.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to Ezekiel about the condition of the people of Israel. He declares over and over before and after this passage how unfaithful Israel had been and how punishment was coming to them. In this particular passage God tells them to stop worshiping those idols He hates so much and come back to Him. In other words, you can’t serve God and idols.

Application:

God despises idolatry. He hates when His people worship, lift up, or follow, other gods, possessions, or anything else. He wants His people to live their lives dependent on Him and Him alone. In our lives today, we tend to look to ourselves, our money, our achievements, etc. and they become idols because we listen to them, seek for them, and pursue them rather than seeking and pursuing God Almighty. We need to purse God a love every other thing.

Prayer:

Lord, I don’t want to live with any idols in my life. I don’t want anything to be a close second to my relationship with You. Show me areas that I allow things into my life that You don’t want. Help me to hear Your voice clearly and respond when You speak. I am Yours and Yours alone. Let my life reflect Your glory and let it bring others to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment