Sunday, November 6, 2022

Don’t Misrepresent the Lord

 Scripture:

“Ezekiel, son of man, condemn the prophets of Israel who say they speak in my name, but who preach messages that come from their own imagination. Tell them it's time to hear my message.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭13‬:‭2‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here to Ezekiel and tells him to condemn the prophets of Israel who preach messages from their own imagination. Ezekiel was sent to call out the false prophets who were speaking on God’s behalf but misrepresenting Him. God doesn’t like it when people say they are speaking for Him, but speaking what they want instead of what He wants. 

Application:

We, as ministers, need to be cautious when delivering the Word of the Lord. We need to make sure we are speaking out of the will of God and not out of our own flesh. We must seek the Lord and speak what He desires instead of what we think will bring people in the door. I need to be willing to lose people in order to speak what God wants spoken.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life bring You honor and praise. Help me to hear Your voice and convey Your message. Teach me to listen before I speak and to communicate what You want, how You want. Teach me to be effective at communicating Your message to Your people. You are the best and I want to represent You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment