Thursday, February 3, 2022

Worship, Sacrifice, and Blessing

 Scripture:

“Build an altar out of earth, and offer on it your sacrifices of sheep, goats, and cattle. Wherever I choose to be worshiped, I will come down to bless you.”  ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20:24‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to Moses in this passage about how He will relate to Moses and God’s people. The Lord tells him to build an altar and offer sacrifices, “Wherever I choose to be worshiping, I will come down to bless you.” In this passage it you can’t really tell if God is saying “wherever we worship, He will come bless us” or if the focus is on the “place” He chooses and the blessing is attached to the place. Either way, we see worship and sacrifice connected with God blessing His people.

Application:

Worshipers and those who sacrificially serve the Lord are blessed people. When worship costs your something, God is honored and chooses to bless. The greatest worship comes in the most difficult times. I want my worship to get the attention of God and to bring about His blessing on my life. I want to live a life that God can bless in whatever ways He chooses. 

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring You honor, praise, glory, and worship. I don’t just want to worship to get Your blessings, but because of who You are. I long for more of You and desire to walk in step with You every day of my life. Teach me to follow You well and live a life of obedience. Help me to deal with what needs dealt with and bring You honor.  Let my praise and worship be from a pure heart, but I do want You to bless my life, my family, my church, and our region.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment