Sunday, February 6, 2022

Because of Who I Am

 Scripture:

“Because of who I am, the tent will become sacred, and Aaron and his sons will become worthy to serve as my priests.” ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭29:44‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, we see God giving the Law to Moses. When it comes to preparing the Tabernacle, the vessels, the offerings, etc. do was very detailed about what they were to do and how it was to be built. It is believed that it is an exact duplicate of what is in heaven. Anyway, God tells Moses that the tent and Aaron and his sons, will become worthy and sacred “because of who I am.” Even though God was laying out the Law to be observed, it was still Him that makes people holy, not obedience to the Law.

Application:

I tend to be a stickler for the rules. I like to know what is expected of me and what I am suppose to do, but sometimes that can lead into legalism and works-based salvation. God has always made people holy and sacred, not by the works they do, but because of who He is. He is holy, worthy, righteous, and mighty. Everything we need for life and godliness is in Him and Him alone. Because of who He is, I am holy. Because of who He is, I am righteous. Because of who He is, I am justified.  All my hope is not in myself and my obedience to the Law, but it is in Him.

Prayer:

Father, I understand the theology of this, but in my daily life I tend to be a people pleaser and a God pleaser that wants desperately to make You happy. Help me to  walk in confidence in my walk with You and not confidence in my flesh. You are holy and because of You, I am made holy. Let this sink into my heart more and more and let me not have confidence in my works, but in who You are.

Your Son,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment