Thursday, February 17, 2022

Give God the Best

 Scripture:

“If you sacrifice a ram or a goat, it must not have anything wrong with it.” ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Moses concerning sacrifices and offerings that will be presented to Him for whatever reason. Basically, He tells Moses that anything that is sacrificed to Him must be flawless.  He did this with pretty much every animal that would be used as a sacrifice.  God make it clear that He wasn’t interested in receiving our leftovers or the things that we don’t want. He wants our very best.

Application:

Though we are no longer under the Law because of the blood of Jesus, we can see here how important it is to God that we offer Him our very best. Today, we are not bound by animal sacrifices, but we do offer ourselves to God as a living sacrifice according to Romans 12. We should always offer God our very best and not settle for just serving Him.  We should seek for excellence in all things so that we honor the Lord and make Him look good. Everything we do for God and with God, should be done with a spirit of excellence. We want to offer Him our most valuable sacrifices, not our least.

Prayer:

Father, help me to recognize this principle in Scripture and walk it out well in my life. I don’t want to give You my leftovers. I want to give You all of me and my very best offerings. You are worthy of my very best! You are worthy of my most significant sacrifice.  You are worthy of it all. Empower me to live before You in humility and righteousness.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment