Friday, February 18, 2022

Fresh Fire Daily

 Scripture:

“Change into your everyday clothes, take the ashes outside the camp, and pile them in the special place.”Leviticus‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The priests were commanded to never let the fire on the altar go out. They were to put sacrifices on it and let them burn all night, but not let the fire go out. They were commanded to take the ashes each morning outside the camp and pile them in a special place.

Application:

When I think of ashes, I think of yesterday’s fire. I want my relationship with God to always be fresh and alive.  I want to abide continually in the vine.  In order to do that, sometimes we have to take out the ashes of yesterday’s fire. I do notice in the passage that it was a special place. We should honor what God has done in the past, it will always have a special place, but I want fresh fire on the altar of my life. I don’t want to ever live in yesterday, but in today and tomorrow.

Prayer:

Lord God, let my walk with You always be fresh and never get stale. Show me how to take out the ashes of yesterday’s fire and put them in a special place in my memory, but to live in the present every day with Your fire continually burning inside me. Teach me to walk in step with You at all times and to fulfill Your desires in the earth. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment