Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Take Care of the Poor and the Foreigner

 Scripture:

“Don't strip your grapevines clean or gather the grapes that fall off the vines. Leave them for the poor and for those foreigners who live among you. I am the Lord your God.” ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭19:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The Lord, in giving His Law, always remembered the poor and the foreigner. He said that when Israel gathers in the harvest, they are to leave some behind for the poor and the foreigners who live among them. God is a generous God who takes care of the poor.  When we make God’s priorities, our priorities, we will see his blessings. 

Application:

The poor and the foreigner are always on God’s mind. He wants a generous church that takes care of those who are less fortunate. We must live according to what the Bible teaches instead of what we think concerning things like this. We must do what honors God over what feels right to us. It is easy to forget about the poor or to think, they need to go get a job. What we do for the poor, we are doing to the Lord. We must never forget that.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in step with Your Spirit. Enable me to live a life that pleases You in every area, including how I treat those who are less fortunate and the foreigners around me. Teach me to love like You love. Show me how to treat people as You would treat them. Empower me with Your love and Your Spirit. So I can demonstrate Your goodness in the earth.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment