Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Blood is Sacred

 Scripture:

“Life is in the blood, and I have given you the blood of animals to sacrifice in place of your own.” ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭17:11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord tells Moses why he needs to take the sacrificial system so seriously.  God had just made some very clear demands about how, where,  and when to sacrifice animals to Him. In this quick verse, He tells why, because “Life is in the blood”. It looks says that “I have given you the blood of animals to sacrifice in place of your own.  In other words, you owe blood for your sins and transgressions, but I am providing a way for yo not to give your own blood, but the blood of animals.

Application:

Sin requires blood.  It requires a sacrifice of a perfect animal that represents the person who has sinned or done wrong. When Jesus came, He offered the perfect sacrifice for our sins and transgressions. He gave perfect blood that would pay for every sin. Stronger than the blood of bulls and sheep, His blood could cleanse everyone for every in ever committed. When Jesus died, the sacrificial system was done away with. Blood is sacred to God and the blood of Jesus should never be taken lightly.  We live our lives, knowing that an incredible price has been paid for our sins.

Prayer:

Jesus, all I can say is thank You. Thank You for allowing Your precious blood to be spilled so I could be forgiven of my sins. Thank You for the ultimate sacrifice. Help me to live a life of appreciation for all You have done for me. You are incredible! I appreciate Your sacrifice and want to honor You with my life. Come and work in and through my life to accomplish Your great plans.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment