Thursday, February 10, 2022

Follow His Voice

 Scripture:

“No matter where the people traveled, the Lord was with them. Each day his cloud was over the tent, and each night a fire could be seen in the cloud.”  ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭40:38‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

When everything was ready for the tent of meeting, the Lord came down with His awesome presence and filled the Tent.  It was so strong that Moses couldn’t enter at first. When it eased off, there remained a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night that stayed over them and guided them. When the cloud moved, the people picked up everything and began to follow the cloud. God made following Him very easy at that time because they could see with their eyes.

Application:

Although we don’t see a pillar of cloud or a pillar of smoke, God is with us. We know this because of His word.  His word is trustworthy, valuable, and never lies. We never have to fear being abandoned by God because He said He would never leave us nor forsake us. We walk by faith, they walked by sight. Although we don’t see a cloud, we can discern His voice guiding us now by the Holy Spirit. We must learn to cherish His voice and follow closely.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You led Israel by a cloud and fire. Lead my life with Your voice. Give me direction each and every day. Show me the way forward every moment.  Empower me to lead Your people well. Show me how to fulfill Your will for my life. Guide me in the paths of righteousness. Let my life bring Your praise and glory an honor. You are my incredible God and Father. I love You with all my heart!

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment