Saturday, February 26, 2022

Baptize Me With Your Spirit and Fire

 Scripture:

“John said, “I am just baptizing with water. But someone more powerful is going to come, and I am not good enough even to untie his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. ‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

When John the Baptist spoke to people about Jesus, he told them that he was nothing compared to Jesus.  He went on to say that he baptized with water, but that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire. I’m sure people didn’t know what to think when he said that. 

Application:

When we think of what Jesus came to do, our mind naturally goes to salvation from our sins, which is a part of what He came to do. The one who knew Him really well and understood what was happening, said He came to baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire. We must never back down from the baptism with the Holy Spirit. It was a primary reason Jesus came to this earth. When John introduced Him to the world, this is what he said. We must see Him as savior, healer, baptizer in the Holy Spirit, and as soon coming king.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, You are worthy of all I can honor You with. Help me to see You as the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.  Let more people be filled with the Holy Spirit this year than any other year of my life. Help me to lead people to You and lead them to being filled with Your Spirit. Empower me to help others to receive this powerful gift You died to give us. Fill me, and fill those around me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment