Thursday, February 24, 2022

Sabbath

 Scripture:

“You have six days when you can do your work, but the seventh day of each week is holy because it belongs to me. No matter where you live, you must rest on the Sabbath and come together for worship. This law will never change.”  ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23:3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord speaks clearly about taking a Sabbath because the Sabbath is holy and belongs to Him. It had a two-fold purpose, Sabbath was to rest and to worship. He also said clearly, “this law will never change.” Did He say that because He knew under grace, that we would destroy this Law and not observe it?  Sabbath is extremely important to the Lord and it should be important to us.

Application:

I am trying to learn to take Sabbath more seriously in my own life. I want it truly to be a time of rest and worship and not a day to catch up on all the chores that need done in the house. I desire to make this day a special day for the Lord and I to meet together and commune as friend with friend. I need to get better at this discipline and implement it fully into my life and routine.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and You are worthy of all my worship. You are worthy of my very best worship. Help me to observe a true Sabbath each and every week. Give me to strength to stand up for what is right in Your eyes and to not give in because there are things others have put on my schedule. Teach me to observe Sabbath well.  I look forward to meeting with You in worship and rest.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment