Saturday, October 31, 2020

Future Hope

 Scripture:

“This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.”  ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews tells us just prior to this, that God cannot lie, what He promises He will perform.  We have great hope because of His oaths and promises.  After his portion, the author speaks of us going through veil one day because Christ went through the veil.  Hope of eternal life Strongly anchors our hope in this life.  Hope takes us into God’s inner sanctuary.

Application:

The hope of eternal life is a promise from God and He does not lie.  This hope should become the anchor for our souls.  It is the hope of heaven that draws me to live right now.  It is the hope of heaven that causes me to obey and walk according to God’s ways.  If I have no hope beyond the grave, why work for the Lord in this life?  Our hope is not in a president or a politician.  Our hope is in the one who conquered death and has promised eternal life.  Our hope is strong and this hope leads us through the veil and into God’s presence.

Prayer:

Father, I anchor my hope to You and Your purposes.  I anchor my hope to eternal life and not the things that are in this life.  Help me to live with hope in a world that has none.  Help me to demonstrated to others that you can walk in hope because of Christ when everything looks hopeless.  Increase my faith and trust of You each day.

Yours for Eternity,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment