Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Then

 Scripture:

“Perhaps the people of Judah will repent when they hear again all the terrible things I have planned for them. Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings.””  ‭Jeremiah‬ ‭36:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah to the people of Judah and tells them that He is planning some pretty bad stuff for them because of their disobedience and unbelief.  His heart is heard clearly in the word “then”.  He says that when they hear the terrible things I have planned for them... “THEN” they will repent and I can forgive them.

Application:

God’s heart is always to restore fellowship and relationship with Him.  When He disciplines, it is so that people will turn and repent so He can forgive them and bless them.  His heart is always for relationship and He will do whatever He can to keep us in a good relationship with Him because He desires to bless us.  Therefore, we must take out anything He convicts us of or that we know hinders our relationship with God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You completely.  Help me to endure discipline, knowing that You desire to bless me and strengthen me.  Help me to walk according to Your ways and to pursue You above all else.  Heal Cheryl today and make her well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment