Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Overwhelmed

 Scripture:

“I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God has just said what He was going to do for Israel an dhow He was going to have their enemies serve them and great wealth would come upon them.  Isaiah breaks into song here and says he is overwhelmed with joy in the Lord.  Why? Because has dressed him with salvation and gave him righteousness as a robe.  He felt like a bride being adorned for her groom.

Application:

Sometimes we need to step back and be overwhelmed with the goodness of God in our lives.  He has turned us around and put us on a firm foundation.  He has purified and cleansed us from all unrighteousness through His death on the cross.  He loved us so much that He sent his one and only Son to die in our place to save us.  Every good thing in our lives is because of Him and we should feel overwhelmed because none of it is because of our righteous deeds, but by His pure and Holy blood.

Prayer:

Father, let me never become unthankful for my salvation but let me live overwhelmed that You have chosen me.  Help me to live a life that bring You honor.  Thank You for clothing me with righteousness and making me beautiful as a bride getting ready for her bridegroom.  Every good thing in my life is directly because of You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment