Friday, October 2, 2020

God Wants Your Peace

 Scripture:

“Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.”  Isaiah‬ ‭48:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah here is speaking for the Lord to His people.  God cries out to His people that He wished they had heeded His commandments because He wanted to give them peace like a river and righteousness like the waves of the sea.  God’s desire was to bring peace and good things, but He needed the obedience of HIs people.

Application:

Cheryl and I always taught our children that obedience brings blessings.  When we obey, good things come our way.  The peace we are all looking for is found in obeying the commands of the Lord.  God strongly desires to bless us, but His blessings are conditional and require our obedience.  I want to be better at hearing His voice and doing as He wants me to.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for wanting to bless me with Your peace.  Forgive me for not following You completely.  Help me to heed Your commands.  Empower me to live out everything You put in my heart.  Show me the way forward each day and help me to follow You well.  I am Yours and I desire to walk with You each day.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment