Thursday, October 29, 2020

A Word for America

 Scripture:

“Restore us, O Lord, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had!”  ‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭5:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The people of Judah had been disobedient to the Lord and had forsaken His ways.  They had worshipped other gods and the Lord God Almighty was punishing them for it.  Jerusalem was in ruins and there was no hope for the people.  Devastation was everywhere the prophet looked.  Then the prophet cried out, “Restore us, O Lord, and bring us back to you again!  Give us back the joys we one had.”

Application:

I don’t like to look back very often because I am a forward looking individual, but recently I have been looking back on what the US was like when I was young.  It was a joyful place.  It was a blessed nation who couldn’t be compared to.  We always had our enemies and those who didn’t like us, but life was good and we felt safe at all times.  We never had to worry about the things we worry about today.  My cry today is for God to bring us back to the joys we once had.  That will require a massive turning toward Him, but it is possible.   America must turn back to God or we will never have our peace and prosperity again.

Prayer:

Father, would You move in America one more time.  I cry out to You.  Have mercy on this nation and pour out Your Spirit here.  We have left our first love and I ask You to forgive us.  Let America be a Christian nation once again that sees the goodness of serving You.  We have forsaken You and I ask You to forgive us.  May our hearts turn toward You and may Your blessing once again come upon my country.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment