Sunday, October 25, 2020

God Uses Ungodly People to Bring About His Judgment

Scripture:

 “I myself will go with Elam’s enemies to shatter it. In my fierce anger, I will bring great disaster upon the people of Elam,” says the Lord. “Their enemies will chase them with the sword until I have destroyed them completely.”  Jeremiah‬ ‭49:37‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah here concerning Elam.  He says He will shatter it and bring disaster on it.  Then He says how He will do it.  He says, “Their enemies will chase them with the sword until I have destroyed them completely.”  In other words, God is going to use their natural enemies to destroy them, but it would be Him doing it.  God uses ungodly people to bring about His will in the earth at times.

Application:

God can use anyone He chooses, whether to bring about justice, blessing, judgment, etc.  He has used ungodly kings to bless Israel in great ways.  He has used evil nations to destroy other evil nations.  God uses unlikely people and nations to bring about His will on the earth.  We must realize that some of the things that happen in the natural may actually be coming from God.  He can use natural disasters, enemy armies, etc.  He can use whatever means He wants to wake up His people.  We need to be able to see what is Him and what is use natural.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes to see into the spiritual realm.  Help me to discern what is You working and what is just natural events taking place.  When my Father is doing something in the earth, I don’t want to mistake it for something else.  Help me to see clearly what You are doing and who You are working through.  Let me not judge Your choice of people, nations, and nature, but see what You are doing and work with You to accomplish what You are doing in the earth.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment