Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Put Generosity into Action

 Scripture:

“And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.”  Philemon‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to Philemon about Onesimus, Philemon’s runaway slave.  He tells Philemon that he is praying that he will “put into action the generosity that comes from your faith.”  Faith should cause us to put generosity into action.

Application:

Faith should cause generosity in our lives.  We have to put that generosity into action.  As we understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ, we should also put into action our generosity.  As believers, we should be the most generous people in the world.  Christ gave Himself completely for us, we should also be generous as we take on His likeness and allow Him to work in and through our lives.  I want to live a generous, Christlike life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a generous life.  I want to put this into action and live a life that exemplifies generosity.  You are generous and always give more than enough.  Help me to live a life that is generous in every way.  Teach me to trust You to be generous to me as I try to be generous for You.  Help me put generosity into action.

Yours Forever,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment