Thursday, October 15, 2020

God’s Words

Scripture:

 “When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.”  Jeremiah‬ ‭15:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jeremiah discovered the word of the Lord, he devoured it.  He ate God’s word as much as he could. The word of the Lord became the delight of his heart and his greatest joy.  

Application:

God reveals Himself in and through His word.  When we go the Word of the Lord, we should be constantly discovering and devouring.  We should be seeking out what God is trying to tell us through His word.  His word should be our joy and delight, but often we don’t even read it.  As believers, we are to fall in love with God’s word and stay hungry for it throughout our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never take Your word for granted.  Help me to find joy and delight in studying Your word.  Let my life be built on Your word and help me to never stray from Your words.  You are my everything and I want to serve You well.  Help me to fall in love with your word once again.  Let it change my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment