Tuesday, October 20, 2020

What They Deserve

 Scripture:

“You have all wisdom and do great and mighty miracles. You see the conduct of all people, and you give them what they deserve.”  ‭Jeremiah‬ ‭32:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah says of the LORD that He has all wisdom and does great and mighty miracles.  He also says that God sees the conduct of all people and gives them what they deserve.  The same God who has all power, wisdom, and does great miracles, is the same God we will stand before one day in judgment.  We love to talk about His power and His love, but we don’t talk much about His giving us what we deserve.

Application:

God has all wisdom and the power to do great and mighty miracles.  He know exactly what needs to happen for each and every person.  He also knows our conduct and whether we deserve His blessing or not.  God’s grace stepped in through Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and now I don’t have fear judgment.  Jesus was judged on my behalf so I don’t get what I deserve, I get what Jesus paid for.  All I can do is thank God for the price Jesus paid so I can walk in God’s blessings and not in what I deserve.

Prayer:

Thank You LORD for letting me see that You are great and incredible in power and might, yet You have chosen to operate at this time in grace.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die so I can live in freedom from sin and it’s power.  Thank You for not giving me what I deserve, but what your Son paid for.  You are incredible and I appreciate your sacrifice.  Let me live my life in honor of your precious gift of grace.  Let me never take Your grave for granted.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment